Galley: 1) the kitchen of a boat. Sally: 1) a venture off the beaten path, 2) a military action in which besieged troops burst forth from their position, 3) a witty remark.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chicken-Sausage Stew

I'm still thrilled by the discovery that there are so many NEW-to-me dishes out there that are simple to make! When I first started this blog, I thought I might be getting myself in over my head a bit. I mean, I was about to tackle really cooking. Cooking for real, not cooking by poorly developed instinct.

Don't get me wrong. There are plenty of more complex things I'd love to tackle, and plenty of incredible recipes that all seem to begin with the words, "Preheat oven to..." We're still waiting on that oven though. Batteries first. Then wind charger, then solar panel, then oven. Well. We'll see.

In the meantime, I can keep making things like this wonderfully warm and filling stew, especially since it is mid-May but still cold and raining...

Chicken-Sausage Stew

Adapted from Self Magazine
You will need...

1 large can condensed tomato soup
milk for condensed soup
4-5 chicken sausages (cooked and sliced)
3 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 head cauliflower, chopped.
pesto to garnish


1) Once you've cooked and sliced your sausage and prepared your quinoa (1 cup quinoa added to 2 cups boiling water, reduce heat and simmer covered until all liquid absorbed), you're nearly golden.


2) Wash and chop that cauliflower (bite size pieces or slightly smaller).

3) Warm condensed soup plus one can milk (as per instructions on can) in pot over medium-low heat. Add sausage, quinoa and cauliflower. When cauliflower is hot and tender, your soup is ready!


4) Ladle into bowls and top with tsp. of pesto. Presto! Dinner is served!

PROS: Easy, healthy, yummy, few dishes!
CONS: Cannot think of any...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and polite to everyone, so that I can keep the comment submissions open to all. Thanks!!