Yesterday I needed to whip up a quick lunch. Remembering what I'd learned from the Couscous Casserole dish, I quickly:
1) Warmed three cups seasoned pasta sauce + 1.5 cups soup stock. ( For stock I cheated and used a boullion cube).
2) Added 1/2 cup couscous to lightly bubbling sauce. Stirred. Covered. Turned off heat. Let sit 10 mins.
3) Sliced 1/4 leftover onion, chopped one zuchinni, and sauteed lightly olive oil in a small sauce pan. Put your onions in first, when translucent add zuchinni. Lightly salt and pepper.
4) While veggies sauteeing, grate about 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
5) Spoon lovely couscous mix into bowl, sprinkle a light layer of cheese, top with sauteed veggies.
PROS: Fast (less than 15 min), yummy, good for you, hardly any dishes.
CONS: With three adults and one kid, there was only enough for one healthy serving each. We were full, but kinda wanted more!