Galley: 1) the kitchen of a boat. Sally: 1) a venture off the beaten path, 2) a military action in which besieged troops burst forth from their position, 3) a witty remark.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Searching for Sleep III

To quote a favorite Moose of ours, "So it wasn't so simple, and it wasn't so easy, and it wasn't so perfectly perfectly... but it was close!"

This whole sleep thing has taken over my days. Right around 10:30am, I calculate that I can squeeze in one more cup of my caffeinated Chai spice tea before noon. Then, I have to consciously make decaffeinated or no caffeine drink choices all afternoon. Around four o'clock, I begin to consider that if I'm going to have a glass of wine, I'd better decide how soon I'm having it since after 6:00pm it's verboten. Then, there is the 8pm cut-off of all liquids, so after six o'clock I have only two hours to get in my Bedtime tea and my tart cherry juice. And don't forget the screen time thing. The laptop and my eyes don't go together after 8:00pm.

All this... but I am starting to sleep better! Not perfectly mind you, but better! I'm feeling excited.

I'm going to keep it up.

The cherry juice is expensive, and the rest of it a little bothersome, but not waking up repeatedly all night is definitely worth it!

If anyone else has "better sleep" ideas to share, please do!

Nightie Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and polite to everyone, so that I can keep the comment submissions open to all. Thanks!!