Galley: 1) the kitchen of a boat. Sally: 1) a venture off the beaten path, 2) a military action in which besieged troops burst forth from their position, 3) a witty remark.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Pasta with Sausage and Sundried Tomatoes

Old me: Paralyzed by instructions to cut chicken into one and one-half inch chunks. Do I need a ruler?

New me: Look at me sauteing onions while I simultaneously deglaze my pan after cooking sausages!


I made this one up all by myself, but no bragging.

Pasta with Sausage and Sundried Tomatoes


(plated with Love Your Kale)


Serves 3-4
You will need...

Pasta. I used a combination of penne and spiral to use up two remnant bags. If you mix pastas, just check their cook times to make sure they are about the same. Adjust your pasta amount for the number of folks you are cooking for.

Sausages. I used two tomato basil chicken sausages.

Sauteed onions. I used one half of a white onion, chopped.

Handful of sundried tomatoes, cut into strips.

This was a wing-it recipe, just using leftovers I had, so go ahead and adjust amounts to fit what you have or need

1) Cook pasta according to package directions.

2) Cook sausages, then set aside.

3) In same pan, saute chopped onion. While onions sautee, slice sausage into bite size chunks.

4) When onions just begin to caramelize, add sundried tomatoes and sausage chunks. Stir lightly until tomatoes are warmed through.


5) Plate pasta with a drizzle of olive. Top with onion, sausage and tomato mixture. Voila!

2 comments:

Please be respectful and polite to everyone, so that I can keep the comment submissions open to all. Thanks!!