Galley: 1) the kitchen of a boat. Sally: 1) a venture off the beaten path, 2) a military action in which besieged troops burst forth from their position, 3) a witty remark.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sweet Mini Peppers Stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese

For a couple weeks, at each visit to the grocery store, I've been walking past these two pound bags of sweet mini peppers. What would I possibly do with two pounds of sweet mini peppers? I asked myself that each time.

But... the price kept bringing me back :$3.59 for two pounds. Finally, I bought them. And then I had two pounds of peppers to use up quick. Fortunately, I discovered a recipe on the back of the bag. A recipe that called for preheating an oven to 350 degrees, but I'm getting better and better at disregarding that bit of advice.

For this post, I undertook a five dollar experiment. Herbed goat cheese plus a portion of the peppers, and the results were awesome. Plus, I had enough goat cheese left over for about three more peppers than you'll see in the pics.

No oven excuses. Wow your dock neighbors with these tomorrow night. But don't tell them how easy it was...

Sweet Mini Peppers Stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese


You will need...


12 Sweet Mini Peppers
4 oz. Herbed Goat Cheese
1/2 Tablespoon Olive oil for pan

1) Wash peppers. Leaving the stem intact, cut a slit along the top of each pepper and remove the seeds.

2) Spoon cheese into prepared peppers.

3) Warm pan and olive oil over medium-low heat. Arrange filled peppers in pan, and cover. When bottoms are golden brown, use spatula and/or fingers to flip peppers. I rotated mine to three different sides, covering pan between flips.

4) When cheese is heated through and peppers are crisp-tender, they are done!

Almost too good. We want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and polite to everyone, so that I can keep the comment submissions open to all. Thanks!!